BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 18, 2011

Who I Am...Honestly

Digital Image by Imagine Studios
I have decided to be honest these days. For far too long, I prayed to the god of perfection. So I sat myself down and decided who I was, honestly, imperfectly, authentically. And here is what I came up with:

I am a wildly imaginative soul in a slightly lazy body. They  fight with each other over creating, tidying, or just saying to hell with it and taking a nap.

I talk to the trees, to horses, to bugs, to God...generally anything non-human. I find humans somewhat disconcerting as they always want to complicate things that are really quite simple. And humans who are broken always seem to want to fix other humans so they don't have to focus on themselves. Seems like a darn waste of time if you ask me.

I am over-the-top-blessed and secretly afraid God will figure out He has given me the blessings of several people by mistake and say, "OMG! I have given you Dick and Jane's blessings by mistake. I will have to take those back, my dear. Now run along and suffer like everyone else."

I am a slob, which I don't consider awful at all, even though everyone else seems to think that tidy organization is the way to go. I am surrounded by the things that inspire me. I would build furniture out of books if I could. And tidying up would seriously cut into nap time.

I'm not fond of photos of myself. They really don't look like me at all. I often wonder how they can reflect back this slightly lumpy body and mildly wrinkled face when I am really quite striking and beautiful.  Another oops on God's part. I must have gotten Jane's body by mistake.

I have always listened to the voices in my head. I worried at one point that this may be a bit odd. Then I realized that the voices in my head were really the only ones that mattered.

I love clay and paint and paper and ink and pencils and glue and all the things that allow me to create a piece of magical something where there once was nothing. I still believe in fairies. Shhhhh...don't tell anyone. They may think I'm crazy.

Oh, I AM a bit crazy, you know? And that's okay. The voices told me so:)

0 comments: